Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sneak Peek...

I was too excited to wait...
I was walking down the isles of target the other day and decided to go see what was offered in the Halloween department. I decided there are no cute Halloween costumes for little boys. They are either 1-more expensive than i want to pay or 2-stupid. They had a bunch of Spiderman, Batman, Superman, etc type costumes and I'm just not going to put my kid in one of those until he specifically asks for it.
So I did a little search online and decided to get crafty this year! I made his costume...He is going to be a chocolate chip cookie!! I think it turned out pretty darn cute if I say so myself. And it is made out of felt which is totally cheap. The whole thing cost $6! Justin and I are going to wear aprons and chef's hats. I'm excited for it. (If I'm not in labor on Halloween) Here he is trying it on: (it doesn't look quite as round when it is on... but I think you get the general idea.)

That's your sneak peek, now you will have to wait for Halloween for the whole thing put together.

10 comments:

Abby said...

ohhh that is so cute! how clever. love it! i wanna think of something that cute.
AND you look adorable with your ever growing baby bump. :)

Iola Blake said...

Did you make up the pattern??? How cute! You are such a crafty butt!!! Jackson looks like he has changed a ton. He looks so grown up. How did that happen without me??? I miss him, oh and you and Justin too.
Love you!

Jamie Blake said...

ahhh! that is totally cute!

Morgan said...

so cute. good for you-see, you are nesting. :)
and you will be cute as a chef, with a lil' bun in the oven. :)
I made Sadie a pickle a few years ago, and it was felt. The way to go.
Good job!

The Dillons said...

That is the most creative thing ever! I love the idea. Wow I haven't looked at your blog in a long time, I didn't realize how far along you are. I looked at your 34 week pic. You are such a cute pregnant woman! Miss you!

Kim said...

WHOA!! Why is everyone crafty but me?! Dang, that is SO CUTE!!!

Audra said...

That is such a cute idea! I have hardly thought about Halloween, you are on the ball!

Shurtliff Family said...

Cute Hay! Love it! And for 6 bucks you really can't go wrong. I am certain (and I haven't looked at the Target costumes) that Jackson's is the best.

You still look tiny. You're still in the bump stage, hardly looks like a belly. =) Hang in there. You'll master having the two. Even though we are a LONG shot from two kids, it still scares me. But, there's hope out there. Look around you! (At least that's what I keep telling myself).

Jana said...

That costume really is cute! I'm excited to see it with you and Justin in your outfits!

Amy said...

That's super cute, Hay!! So will it be stuffed when he wears it to keep it filled out, or how does it work? If you come across any other great ideas for a costume send them my way - I have no idea what Easton will be. I love Jackson in his costume!