Wednesday, October 14, 2009

As of Lately....

Wow... almost 3 weeks from my last post- that just might be a record for me! Even Justin, who said I was getting way too "blog happy" last month, said it was time for a new post. So here are our simple adventures from the last couple weeks since I have been M.I.A.

We went to the Bartlett Festival one evening and afternoon. It consisted of free balloons for Jackson and other free nic nacks, filling out a bunch of registration forms for chances at winning free stuff, a funnel cake, WAY too expensive fair food, free music, and of course this free blow up slide. Jackson LOVED the slide and if he was a little bit bigger and could get it by himself he would have been on that thing all night long. Too bad his Dad is a party pooper and only went with him 2 or 3 times! :)

SCO's Homecoming Festivities: Another event that consisted of free stuff! Free BBQ and entertainment. They had a blow up castle thing and Jackson was in there jumping all night long. He even held his ground when the big kids were in there jumping with him. He had so much fun.He also got a balloon made of none other than ELMO!
Funny side story about Mr. Balloon man... Last year at homecoming this same balloon artist was there. Although Jackson was pretty young, I of course wanted him to feel special and get a balloon for him. I stood around with the crowd of people waiting for our turn, but for some weird reason this balloon man just kept skipping right over us and making all sorts of balloons for other kids. Jackson was getting impatient and I figured he was going to continue to ignore us so I left the line in awe of how rude it was that he was skipping us. Well my mother in law was there and wasn't going to put up with it, so she took Jackson over and he finally made him a balloon because Donna was there.
It doesn't end there. A little while later we went to eat at Chili's and low and behold the same balloon man was there going from table to table making kids some balloons. Jackson was eyeing him down the whole time. We were nearly done with our meal, but our table was next. He came over and said, "Hi" to Jackson and then just PASSED HIM BY!! We were in shock! It was like there was a sign on his forehead that said"Hi Mr. Balloon Man, my name is Jackson and I don't want a balloon so just ignore my terribly adorable face!"
So this time when we got there and saw him I wasn't going to put up with any junk from this man... he was going to give my kid a balloon no matter what!! There was only one kid before Jackson and so we waited patiently once again. The kid asked to be a sword fighter so this balloon guy made a sword, then a helmet, and then a belt, and then another sword to go in the loop of his belt, and then a shield, etc. etc. etc. I was thinking, "Are you kidding me?! Make the kid a sword and a helmet and move onto the next one who is waiting in line!!"
haha Jackson did get his Elmo though and he was pretty excited about it!My Dr appointments have been in the afternoons in the middle of Jackson's nap time so I've been having to wake him up lately (which NO mom ever wants to do!) The other day I went in to get him and found him passed out on the floor in front of his toy shelf. I was so surprised! I have always just assumed that he slept in his boy bed because when he wakes from his nap it doesn't ever look like toys were played with (and I still do think he sleeps in bed most of the time). But I thought it was funny seeing him like this, I honestly never thought my Jackson was the type of kid who would fall asleep while playing or eating or anything like that. We are slowly getting more ready for baby #2 to make his arrival. I have been getting more and more of the baby stuff out and organized. Thanks to some great friends, they gave us this exersaucer for free! Jackson LOVED his when he was little (we just borrowed it from my brother) and so I wanted to find one for this baby too. When we picked it up from our friends and brought it home Jackson had so much fun with it. He got right in and started playing. One morning he sat in it for over an hour and watched Sesame Street and played with the toys. He just looked so silly and big in it! :) (sorry for the huge glare from the window)Speaking of baby #2, I am currently 37 weeks. Only 3 more weeks from today! My Dr. said he will induce a week early, but I don't know if we will do that or not. I think we will wait at least until the due date.We had our 36 week ultrasound and they said he was a little bit smaller than expected. His measurements were saying he was only 5lbs 2 oz. I think he needs to stay in there and cook a little longer and I'm not expecting him to come early on his own since Jackson was 4 days late and I was finally induced with him.
We got some cute 3D ultrasound pictures of his face though. (He had his hand up by his face) We think he has a big nose! Jackson lucked out to get his momma's nose and this guy just might end up with his daddys! :) And last, but not least, Jackson had his very first dental visit today. I don't really know what I expected, but all they did was look at his teeth with their mirror instrument and said he had no cavities. Then they brushed them and that was it. He didn't really like sitting there and he wasn't very good at opening his mouth for her. Oh well. We just wanted to get him in so that we are starting the routine of good dental health while he is young.

8 comments:

Amy said...

Fun post!! But sorry to say, you are tiny! I would love to have that cute little baby bump!! And I love the 3D pictures and am pretty jealous about that! Even though we get ultrasounds twice a week, we never get a good look at his face. We just get the boring
2d or whatever, and he's always facing the wrong way. But oh well. Only a few more weeks and we'll get to look at his face all we want, right!

Kim said...

jackson is so dang cute! Love his elmo balloon. Also, you are too small to be 37 weeks! I can't believe it is that close. I am counting down with you. Will you call me when you have him so I can hear the details?! CAN'T WAIT!!!

Amy said...

Jacks is sure a cutie!! You look great too, Hay - still itty bitty! I remember thinking that E's first dentist appointment was a little anti-climatic.. not sure exactly what I was expecting, but it just seemed really fast. Glad you're alive and well, I mentioned to Todd the other day that I wondered what you guys were up to since it seemed like we hadn't heard anything from you for a while!

Audra said...

That mean old balloon man! I love the Elmo balloon though! I haven't taken Kate to the dentist because my dentist won't see her till she is three.

I can't believe you only have three weeks! Life with two is fun and difficult all at the same time!

Johnson Fam said...

I LOVED YOUR POST!! We really missed the homecoming events this year. Looks like way fun!!!

I agree with Amy you still look tiny....Can't wait to see you all in just a week or so.

Scott, Kasie, Payton and Emmett said...

You are looking so great Haylee!! I can't wait to see pictures of your new little one in a couple of weeks!!! And Jackson is too funny.... he's got to be the cutest ever! I'm so excited for this new addition to your family!!!

Tyler & Michelle said...

I love the 3-d sonogram. That is soo cool!

Jamie Blake said...

Haylee, you look fantastic! You ARE tiny!!! I only hope I look that good when I am pregnant!