Saturday, January 18, 2014

Galena Half Marathon

Justin completed his 5th half marathon. He signed up to race in the Galena, IL marathon and met up with his brother Jeremy and his wife, Morgan.  It happened to be the weekend my parents were coming to visit and I thought it would be fun to take them to Galena.  I had been once when Justin and I were first married and just loved the little town.  It's an old mining city with a lot of great history.  

His race was first thing in the morning, and started at the ski resort.  






He did great considering all three of the runners said this was the hardest course they have ever done!  
After the race, we had lunch at happy joes and then toured the town.  We decided the best way to really see and hear the history was to do the trolley tour.  We had a good time and I think my parents enjoyed it!



No comments: